Wednesday, December 26, 2012

How are you?

Happy day after Christmas! Jess here. Hope your holidays were a blessing. So much has happened since my last post. A new school year began, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and so much more! Did I mention my bracelet count is up to 12? But enough about me... Madds has been doing well also. We are both very busy with school, sports, and church activities. When handling all this craziness, a passage I've recently read just makes me feel at peace. Turn with me to Psalm 37. I recommend reading all 40 verses, but that can seem like a lot. A part of the passage that really speaks to me as a teen is verses 3-5, "Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act." (ESV) When ending a time in your life (like a calendar year, or a school semester) it tends to fell overwhelming to think about the future. But if you give your dreams, and heart to the Lord, he will help you. If it's in his will, he will then give you what you ask. We just have to say faithful to him. :) Hope this helps you and comforts you the way or did me! There is soooo much more in this passage to discover. I am limited on time and space, but if I could sum it all up for you I would! But trust me, God says it a lot better! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment