Monday, July 23, 2012

Passions and Obligations!

Hey! Jess here.
 I updated the verse at the top and the weekly message box to the right, as you can see. A Chaplain at our church did an acceptional job this week. He had some good points. There is one though, that I cannot stop thinking about. I kept thinking on it until I realized, I totally changed the subject of the message, which is why I am writing this post. The message was about the nutrients of a good ministry. The passage he used was Romans 1:8-17. Number three on the list of nutrients was purpose. (Please check out all four in the box to the right, when you get a chance.) Romans 1:14-15 say, "I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and foolish. That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome." Paul feels obligated to them. Obligated. Some people have a passion to spread the Good News, but passions can die down. Paul feels obligated! He's made it a priority. Where would he get an idea like that? Try The Great Commission, see Matthew 28:16-20. Verse 19 reads, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." I learned from a previous youth minister that if you trace "Therefore go," back to the original Greek, it more closely translates to, "As you are going..." Do y'all get that? We should already be going! We are obligated, just like Paul! Yeah, he was like the first missionary, right? I heard that that is one of this nicknames. People, we have obligations right where we are, and thats why we are where we are! Spreading the Good News cannot be just a passion that lights up when we want, and dies when we do not. It is an obligation that must be filled!

I hope and pray that this was an encouragement to you, to keep your ministry in mind and to pray for God to reveal opprotunities, and not a rude awakening about where you have been slacking. We all fall short of this at times, but it's getting back up that shows the world who you are and who your heart beats for! Stay strong! I want to leave you with this verse, to show that God can and will help us come through with our obligations, even though we fall short.

"...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6 :)

-Jess(:

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part:

    "We all fall short of this at times, but it's getting back up that shows the world who you are and who your heart beats for!"

    LOVE IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete